Is this where we come to bitch about Uproxx? I know it’s free and all, and it’s petty to bitch about a free site that has changed its format to be mildly less convenient… so here goes.
- Yellow bar – sometimes there, sometimes not. Have to refresh to be sure someone hasn’t made the stale joke about Janay Rice apologizing for whatever is in that particular post, before I make the stale joke about Janay Rice apologizing for whatever is in that particular post.
- Side arrows – now goes to the next Uproxx post, not the next KSK post. This is probably my biggest beef. I just want to scroll through the KSK posts.
- White background instead of black – obviously racist.
- The image posting ability – meh, I’m fairly ambivalent on this. Finding the right pics and gifs seems like a lot of trouble to me so I don’t bother. I’m fine leaving that to professionals like Moose. BUT STILL NO EDIT BUTTON?
- All the items above have made the iPhone version of the site even more challenging (although I do like the “Discuss” button at the top of the post so I can go straight to the komments if I’ve already read the post).
- The odd thing is I don’t even see the benefit to Uproxx for integrating KSK like this. If it’s for clicks to sell to advertisers I get that but I don’t even see any ads on the site. Maybe my work PC is already blocking them, in which case just forget there ever was a #6 here, which leads us to…
- The whole RFD/Bud Light thing. I get it, you can’t piss off your sponsors. The thing is, I didn’t think RFD’s post was really that disparaging. The hashtag about pissbabyliarfrauds was maybe a little much, but the whole thing was clearly written in jest, and actually Bud Light could have had some fun with it and turned it into a positive. As it is, it just made us hate Bud Light even more than we already do.
Thanks for reading. Dissenting opinions are welcome, but will likely be met with scorn and contempt. BTW, Janay Rice apologizes for her role in this post.